Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Luminous Cross of Grace Sactuary : A Diffent Way of the Cross Experience

Visita Iglesia is one of many Old Holy Week customs of our brothers & sisters from the Roman Catholic Church where in they give respect to the Blessed Sacrament of each church they visit. Along with this Visita Iglesia is the Station of the Cross, in commemoration of the Passion of Jesus.

Yesterday, I joined my friends from my previous work for a Visita Iglesia. We go directly to this shrine called Luminous Cross of Grace Sanctuary at Agdangan, Quezon for our way of the cross.

Photobucket

We were assisted by Ms. Anna Marie. She shared with us the history of the said sanctuary.

Photobucket

As we start our way of the cross, I was amazed with what I saw inside. What I was expecting were pictures or paintings on each station, but the images here are life size paper mache!

I was so touched by the images. The scenario on each station makes me feel the real thing. There's this heavy feeling in my heart as I climb the stairs going to each station. Like the wounds of Jesus Christ which is almost real that it got my eyes teary... Indeed, God really loves us that Jesus has to suffer to take away the sin of His beloved children... As we reached the 14th station my heart pounds hard as I see Jesus Christ image... He is looking down at me smiling with arms wide open! The feeling I had that time was unexplainable. Walking slowly on the ramp I told my friends with a big smile, "Siguro ganito ang pakiramdam pag-akyat natin sa langit" (Maybe this is how it feels like when we go to heaven). An experience I will never ever forget...

We are not allowed to take pictures inside the Sanctuary. But you can visit their site to take a peek of what I had shared with you guys.

Wishing all of you a Blessed and Peaceful Holy Week.

blog comments powered by Disqus